Arnold Buzz
To see all the categories and forums, please register, and/or log in. There are many topics that you will not be able to see or post to if you are not logged in. Thanks for visiting

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arnold Buzz
To see all the categories and forums, please register, and/or log in. There are many topics that you will not be able to see or post to if you are not logged in. Thanks for visiting
Arnold Buzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All the Buzz around Arnold!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two arrested in connection to Fenton van bombing
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptySat May 01 2010, 23:32 by Admin

» Elderly woman drives wrong way down I-55, collides head-on with minivan
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyWed Apr 28 2010, 09:32 by Admin

» Zipline added to Meramec Caverns
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyWed Apr 28 2010, 09:23 by Admin

» Navy to begin testing USS Missouri submarine
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyWed Apr 28 2010, 09:06 by Admin

» Power returns to Ameren's Taum Sauk pump plant
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 23 2010, 22:51 by Admin

» Imperial teen recovering after stepping on live wire
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 23 2010, 22:48 by Admin

» Jefferson County to implement merit system for employees
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 23 2010, 22:30 by Admin

» Relay for Life to hold two fundraising events
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 23 2010, 22:29 by Admin

» We Are One Community Choir
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 23 2010, 22:23 by Admin

» Cedar Hill man accused of killing daughter's boyfriend
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 16 2010, 20:53 by Admin

» Administrators in Fox School District forfeit their own pay raises for teachers
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 16 2010, 20:46 by Admin

» Grant's Farm opening this weekend
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 16 2010, 20:44 by Admin

» The best dog parks in St. Louis
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 16 2010, 20:42 by Admin

» Church emphasizes importance of deaf ministry
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 16 2010, 20:37 by Admin

» Animals at World Bird Sanctuary safe after two-alarm fire at Lone Elk Park
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyFri Apr 02 2010, 23:51 by Admin

» Community Choir meeting
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptySat Mar 27 2010, 20:15 by Admin

» Imperial students sew pillow cases for troops around the world
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptySat Mar 27 2010, 14:00 by Admin

» Poplar Bluff brothers go into cardiac arrest at same time
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyWed Mar 24 2010, 22:07 by Admin

» Fire guts Robert E. Lee riverboat
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptyWed Mar 24 2010, 22:04 by Admin

» Doe Run's new technology could end need for lead smelter
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know EmptySun Mar 21 2010, 04:19 by Admin

Poll

With all of the news rolling out about Toyota, the recalls, the coverups etc, would you buy a Toyota today?

Digital TV is coming, what you need to know Vote_lcap10%Digital TV is coming, what you need to know Vote_rcap1 0% [ 0 ]
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know Vote_lcap10%Digital TV is coming, what you need to know Vote_rcap1 0% [ 0 ]
Digital TV is coming, what you need to know Vote_lcap1100%Digital TV is coming, what you need to know Vote_rcap1 100% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 3

Elderly woman drives wrong way down I-55, collides head-on with minivan

Wed Apr 28 2010, 09:32 by Admin

(KMOV)-- Two people were injured after a head-on collision on Interstate 55 at Highway 141.
This happened around 1 p.m. Monday in the southbound lanes of I-55.
Arnold police said a 78-year-old woman exited southbound I-55. At
the top of the ramp she made a u-turn and turned back around heading
northbound on southbound I-55. She hit a minivan head-on. The
68-year-old driver of the minivan was taken to St. Anthony's Hospital
in stable condition. The wrong-way driver was airlifted to St. Louis
University Hospital in stable condition.
Read More

Comments: 0

Church emphasizes importance of deaf ministry

Fri Apr 16 2010, 20:37 by Admin

Traditionally, the deaf have been an overlooked group in the world of
religion, according to First Baptist Church of Arnold officials.

"Less
than 1 percent of the deaf in North America have ever heard the gospel
in their heart language, which is sign language," said the Rev. Bob
Caldwell, First Baptist's pastor of outreach.

However, at First Baptist, the congregation has made ministering to the deaf a priority, he said.

"We have multiple deaf ministries throughout our church and community," he said.

Read More

Sinking House

Sun Feb 28 2010, 18:05 by Admin

While I don't want 'political' debate here, these folks need help. This situation is unacceptable, it was a mistake to let these homes be built.

Comments: 1

Letters to Arnold residents say methane gas could be leaking into homes

Fri Feb 19 2010, 00:31 by Admin

KSDK -- Residents in a Jefferson County suburb are
getting letters from a testing company that methane gas may be leaking
into their homes. It's the second time in a week that residents living
near closed landfills have been notified that methane may be leaking
from the landfills at levels higher than allowed.
The latest round of letters is going to neighbors who live near a
long closed landfill near Highway 141 and Astra Way. The dump closed in
1977 after a lawsuit by neighbors complained of the nuisance.
Della Baker says she was part of the old lawsuit and is disappointed
in the latest …

Driver killed in Arnold crash identified

Tue Feb 09 2010, 21:37 by Admin

KSDK -- A man seriously hurt in a crash on Interstate 55 overnight has died.
The wreck happened near Richardson Road in Arnold.
Investigators said the driver, identified as 48-year-old Wilburn
Perry, was heading southbound on the interstate when his vehicle lost
control and slid sideways. A tractor trailer then broadsided the
sliding car.

Read More

Comments: 1

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Arnold Buzz on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Arnold Buzz on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital TV is coming, what you need to know

2 posters

Are YOU ready for the transition

Digital TV is coming, what you need to know Vote_lcap1100%Digital TV is coming, what you need to know Vote_rcap1 100% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

Check this site out for some facts

Click here for info

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 22 2009, 04:24; edited 2 times in total

https://arnoldbuzz.forumotion.net

2Digital TV is coming, what you need to know Empty Digital TV Mon Oct 27 2008, 16:33

wavy

wavy

I have purchased the cable box, a new digital ready TV and a digital ready DVD/VCR. I have the DVD/VCR connected to a new digital attenna. On the TV which is hooked to a outside attenna I can get 3 digital channels and all of the anolog channels,on the VCR/DVD player with the new digital antenna, it depends on what time of day and the weather outside on how many channels I can recieve where they don't lock up, turn to funny little squares, loose the voices or just get the NO SIGNAL sign. The digital box purchased from R S is about the same as the VCR/DVD player only not quite as bad on reception. I live quarter mile south of Arnold on probably one of the highest points in the area. I guess the Government is going to make me spend my pension on Cable or Dish. Maybe thats what the SS raise they are giving in Jan is for. LOL Sad

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

WASHINGTON -- President-elect Barack Obama is urging Congress to postpone the Feb. 17 switch from analog to digital television broadcasting, arguing that too many Americans who rely on analog TV sets to pick up over-the-air channels won't be ready.

In a letter to key lawmakers Thursday, Obama transition team co-chair John Podesta noted that the Commerce Department has run out of money for coupons to subsidize digital TV converter boxes for consumers. People who don't have cable or satellite service or a new TV with a digital tuner will need the converter boxes to keep their older analog sets working.
Read More
While there may be problems with the coupons, and there may be some folks who cannot get these converters, I cannot imagine that there is a notification problem, I mean, they have advertised it over a year now........

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

I just got an alert that the Senate has approved a 4 month delay in the DTV conversion. More as soon as I get it!

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

Well, word I get now is that the house voted the bill down. Looks like its DTV in Feb.!

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

House defeats bill to delay digital TV transition

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The House has defeated a bill to postpone the upcoming transition from analog to digital television broadcasting by four months to June 12.

House Republicans succeeded in scuttling a bill to delay the transition, which is scheduled for Feb. 17, less than two days after the Senate unanimously passed the plan.

Read More

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

KSDK -- Lawmakers are not giving up on an attempt to delay the upcoming DTV transition.

The U.S. Senate passed another bill Thursday, which would push back the switch from analog to digital from February 17 to June 12. It still must go through the House, where a simple majority is needed.

Those who have made the switch already know, getting the best DTV signal can have a lot to do with your antenna.

Read More

Antenna Point dot com

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

My son bought a tv tuner for his computer. It is just a usb one, and the antenna for it is just a little magnetic thing that is telescopic about 2 feet long. (like an old boombox antenna), and he sticks it up on the metal railing on the stairs, he gets great reception of these channels with it.

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

KSDK -- By a vote of 264 to 158, the U.S. House pushed the switch to DTVfrom February 17th to June 12th.

In Missouri, U.S. Representatives Carnahan, Clay and Emerson voted in favor of the push back. Akin, Blunt and Luetkemeyer voted against.

In Illinois, U.S. Representatives Hare and Costello voted for the change, while Shimkus voted against.

Representative Roy Blunt said after the vote, "What the House passed today was nothing more than an irresponsible and needless delay. What's worse is that the majority avoided the opportunity to act responsibly and help millions of Americans prepare for this transition, while at the same time fulfilling the 9/11 Commission's important public safety recommendation."

Read More

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum